A Unique Opportunity
Offered by the Trappist Monks of New Melleray Abbey
The New Melleray
The abbot and monks of New Melleray Abbey invite you to experience a way of life wholly ordered to prayer and contemplation. For two weeks you will be immersed in our Cistercian way of life and we will share with you the fruits of monastic spirituality, June 15 - 26, 2020.
Here is an opportunity to:
- Deepen your faith commitment by drawing on a 1600 year old monastic tradition
- Pray, work, study, and share some meals side-by-side with monks
- Attend daily Mass and pray the full cycle of the Liturgy of the Hours in the monastic choir
- Learn about monastic practices and spirituality through conferences given by monks
- Delve into the contents of our monastic library
- Experience silence and solitude amidst the natural splendor of our grounds
- Draw closer to the Lord in a new and unique way
Interested men 21-45 years of age are invited to contact
Fr. Stephen Verbest at
for more information.