2018 Contemplative Experience – Aug 6 to 18
The abbot and monks of New Melleray Abbey invite you to experience a way of life wholly ordered to prayer and contemplation. The experience begins Monday, August 6 and ends August 18. For two weeks participants will be immersed in our Cistercian way of life and we will share with you the fruits of monastic spirituality. Space is limited. If you are interested, please contact Fr. Stephen Verbest at email@example.com. If you are not interested, please pass this information on to someone you think might be interested.
Here is an opportunity to:
- Deepen your faith commitment by drawing on a 1600-year-old monastic tradition
- Pray, work, study, and share some meals side-by-side with monks
- Attend daily Mass and pray the full cycle of the Liturgy of the Hours in the monastic choir
- Learn about monastic practices and spirituality through conferences given by monks
- Delve into the contents of our monastic library
- Experience silence and solitude amidst the natural splendor of our grounds
- Draw closer to the Lord in a new and unique way
Interested men 21-45 years of age are invited to contact
Fr. Stephen Verbest at
for more information.